In the case of a real emergency, Fiji nationals visiting Australia should call the Fiji High Commission Canberra OR the Fiji Consulate-General Sydney.
Fiji High Commission
PO BOX 159
DEAKIN ACT 2600
Telephone: (02) 6260 5115
Facsimile: (02) 6260 5105
The High Commission opening hours are from 9am - 4pm with one hour lunch break from 12.30pm to 1.30pm weekdays except public holidays.
Fiji Consulate General
100 Walker Street
NORTH SYDNEY 2060 NSW
Telephone: (02) 9900 0700
Facsimile: (02) 8904 0376
Residents residing in NSW can contact the Fiji Consulate General’s office in Sydney for the following services. Residents outside of NSW need to contact the Fiji High Commission in Canberra:
The Fiji High Commission Canberra and the Fiji Consulate-General Sydney cannot:
- resolve Australian immigration issues such as illegal entry or expired visas;
- intervene in court cases; or bail a Fiji National out of prison; pay for legal advice or services; initiate investigation of a crime or start court proceedings for you;
- organize get you better treatment for you in hospital or prison than is generally given to Australians;
- pay your hotel, legal, medical or any other bills;
- pay your travel costs,
- pay for the repatriation of human remains/body;
- do work normally done by travel agents, airlines, banks or motoring organisations;
- get you somewhere to live, a job or work permit.
The High Commission and Consulates-General can only provide policy advice in relation to matters listed above where applicable.